How to find which folder a bookmark is in
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
This article describes how to find the folder in which a bookmark you've made is located.
- If all your bookmarks are gone, see Recover lost or missing Bookmarks.
- For information on organizing your bookmarks collection, see Create bookmarks to save your favorite webpages.
When you click once on the bookmark star to create a bookmark, it will be saved in the Unsorted Bookmarks folder.
Find the bookmarked page
If you know you've bookmarked a page, but can't find it:
- At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click , select , then select . The bookmarks sidebar will appear.
- At the top of the bookmarks sidebar, in the box labeled Search, type something from the bookmarked page's title, web address (URL), or tags.
The bookmarks that match the search terms you've entered will be displayed. When you find the one you want, click on it to go to the bookmarked page and continue to the next section to find what folder it is in.
Find the bookmark's folder
To determine the folder in which a bookmark is located:
- Go to the bookmarked page (see above) for instructions.
- Click on the Bookmark star in Location Bar. The Edit This Bookmark box will appear.
The bookmark's folder will be displayed in the Folder: field. Click the down arrow button to see the full folder path.