Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Firefox for Kindle?

Art

Any plans to persuade Amazon to allow Firefox to supplement Silk? I tried downloading via Google Play but it was blocked even with settings to allow download from sites other than Amazon. I know about the beta "fix" posted as a solution and noted update problems discussed in that solution. I would prefer mainstream Firefox version with update capabilities.

Any plans to persuade Amazon to allow Firefox to supplement Silk? I tried downloading via Google Play but it was blocked even with settings to allow download from sites other than Amazon. I know about the beta "fix" posted as a solution and noted update problems discussed in that solution. I would prefer mainstream Firefox version with update capabilities.

All Replies (2)

We are currently blocked on Amazon modifying the Firefox apk. We have contacted Amazon many times about modifying this policy. So far they have been unwilling.

Chosen Solution

Mozilla did have Firefox (as of version 9.0) on Amazon store but as said Amazon modifies and resigns the apk which caused problems so it was pulled shortly after.

Please do not comment on these bugs as they are for reading on history.

Bug 690791 - submit Firefox to the Amazon Appstore Bug 713777 - Amazon modifies and re-signs apk after uploading ...