Localization discussions

Hungarian (Magyar) (hu)

  1. This is the main L10n forum thread for localizers who translate SUMO into Hungarian (Magyar) (hu) Please note, all globally important updates will be posted in the main forum as usual.

    Please use this thread to communicate, post updates, ask questions and greet new localizers.

    Useful Links (if you want to add something here, please PM me)

    Locale group

    Locale Leaders, Reviewers

    Articles that need work - the dashboard

    Community hub - l10n

    Global l10n team (MozWiki)

    Getting started with localizing SUMO

    This is the main L10n forum thread for localizers who translate SUMO into '''Hungarian (Magyar) (hu)''' Please note, all '''globally''' important updates will be posted in the main forum as usual. Please use this thread to communicate, post updates, ask questions and greet new localizers. '''Useful Links''' (if you want to add something here, please [https://support.mozilla.org/user/vesper PM me]) [https://support.mozilla.org/groups/hungarian-localization Locale group] [https://support.mozilla.org/kb/locales/hu Locale Leaders, Reviewers] [https://support.mozilla.org/hu/localization Articles that need work - the dashboard] [https://support.mozilla.org/community/top-contributors/l10n?locale=hu Community hub - l10n] [https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:hu Global l10n team (MozWiki)] [https://support.mozilla.org/kb/localize-mozilla-support Getting started with localizing SUMO]
  2. Hello, Hungarian l10ns!

    While the general stats for SUMO l10n are looking pretty solid (keep it up, I see a green bar somewhere at the end of it), Firefox OS is in a bleak state. Do you think you can focus on bringing Firefox OS up in the next month or so?

    For this, do you think it would be possible to organize a physical get-together somewhere in Hungary or would you rather meet up virtually for a FxOS sprint? Let's get this conversation going.

    Hello, Hungarian l10ns! While the general stats for SUMO l10n are looking pretty solid (keep it up, I see a green bar somewhere at the end of it), [https://support.mozilla.org/hu/localization?product=firefox-os Firefox OS is in a bleak state]. Do you think you can focus on bringing Firefox OS up in the next month or so? For this, do you think it would be possible to organize a physical get-together somewhere in Hungary or would you rather meet up virtually for a FxOS sprint? Let's get this conversation going.

    Modified by vesper on

  3. I need to know if such expressions like "Awesome Screen" are translated in the device into local languages or not. Unfortunately I do not own Android cellphone nor one with Firefox OS.

    Anyway, if it is possible: keep them or translate them?

    I need to know if such expressions like "Awesome Screen" are translated in the device into local languages or not. Unfortunately I do not own Android cellphone nor one with Firefox OS. Anyway, if it is possible: keep them or translate them?
  4. misibacsi said

    I need to know if such expressions like "Awesome Screen" are translated in the device into local languages or not. Unfortunately I do not own Android cellphone nor one with Firefox OS. Anyway, if it is possible: keep them or translate them?

    Hello, misibacsi!

    Here's what I found in Transvision. You may also consider sending a message with the question to the Hungarian l10n mailing list

    ''misibacsi [[#post-64704|said]]'' <blockquote> I need to know if such expressions like "Awesome Screen" are translated in the device into local languages or not. Unfortunately I do not own Android cellphone nor one with Firefox OS. Anyway, if it is possible: keep them or translate them? </blockquote> Hello, misibacsi! [http://transvision.mozfr.org/?recherche=awesome+screen&repo=mozilla_org&sourcelocale=en-US&locale=hu&search_type=strings Here's what I found in Transvision]. You may also consider sending a message with the question to [http://groups.google.hu/group/openscope the Hungarian l10n mailing list]
  5. Hello, Hungarian l10ns!

    An article that will be featured in the April newsletter for Firefox in your language is not localized yet - do you think you can tackle it and have it ready to be read and enjoyed by Hungarian (thanks, misibacsi :-)) users by the 27th of April?

    Cheers, Michał

    Hello, Hungarian l10ns! [https://support.mozilla.org/hu/kb/add-firefox-search-widget-your-home-screen An article that will be featured in the April newsletter for Firefox in your language is not localized yet] - do you think you can tackle it and have it ready to be read and enjoyed by Hungarian (thanks, misibacsi :-)) users by the 27th of April? Cheers, Michał

    Modified by vesper on

  6. Hello, Hungarian l10ns!

    Another article (this time for the May newsletter) requires your attention (before the 10th of May) Firefox Health Report - understand your Android browser performance.

    Let me know if you have questions and thank you for being there for our Hungarian users!

    Cheers, Michał

    Hello, Hungarian l10ns! Another article (this time for the May newsletter) requires your attention (before the 10th of May) [[Firefox Health Report - understand your Android browser performance]]. Let me know if you have questions and thank you for being there for our Hungarian users! Cheers, Michał
  7. ...and on a more "emergency" related note... (eeek)

    We have an article (Use address bar keyboard shortcuts to power up your search) that's going out to our Hungarian user community in early May - do you think you can tackle this?

    Köszönöm szépen!

    ...and on a more "emergency" related note... (eeek) We have an article ([[Use Awesome Bar keyboard shortcuts to power up your search]]) that's going out to our Hungarian user community in early May - do you think you can tackle this? '''Köszönöm szépen!'''
  8. The June newsletter is going out in about two weeks (and a bit), and this article will be there: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/access-mozilla-services-firefox-accounts - can you use your language magicks and make it understandable to Hungarian speakers? Thank you!

    Also, thanks to misibacsi and Kálmán for working on the articles for the previous newsletter - you rock!

    The June newsletter is going out in about two weeks (and a bit), and this article will be there: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/access-mozilla-services-firefox-accounts - can you use your language magicks and make it understandable to Hungarian speakers? Thank you! Also, thanks to misibacsi and Kálmán for working on the articles for the previous newsletter - you rock!
  9. Thanks for your encouraging words. Translating is done, it waits for Hungarian review.

    misibacsi

    Thanks for your encouraging words. Translating is done, it waits for Hungarian review. misibacsi
  10. Hello, Hungarian l10ns!

    You've been doing a lot of great work recently - thank you for that!

    I wanted to ask if you were interested in organizing a l10n sprint in September, similar to the ones we're trying to put together here.

    What I need your help with is deciding the following:

    Date & Time: at least a day and a maximum of two days (at least 6 hours per day) before the end of September. Weekends are OK as well.

    Location: a single physical place that works best for everyone involved OR online. If you need to travel, we'll try to cover your costs, within reasonable limits.

    Coordinators and Participants: once you know what date and place works for as many contributors as possible for your locale, please list them in the spreadsheet and let's coordinate the "real" organizing of the sprint together.

    If you have questions, let me know in this thread.

    Let's do this, l10ns!

    Hello, Hungarian l10ns! You've been doing a lot of great work recently - thank you for that! I wanted to ask if you were interested in organizing a l10n sprint in September, [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m8lxJW7khGLJWNGVxbP7PAtrUstAxVebDC3FkUQaf7c/edit#gid=0 similar to the ones we're trying to put together here]. What I need your help with is deciding the following: Date & Time: at least a day and a maximum of two days (at least 6 hours per day) before the end of September. Weekends are OK as well. Location: a single physical place that works best for everyone involved OR online. If you need to travel, we'll try to cover your costs, within reasonable limits. Coordinators and Participants: once you know what date and place works for as many contributors as possible for your locale, please list them in the spreadsheet and let's coordinate the "real" organizing of the sprint together. If you have questions, let me know in this thread. Let's do this, l10ns!
  11. Hello there,

    I am not sure this is the right space to introduce myself.

    I have been working as a proof-reader and translator for some time, and thought why not join the mozilla project when I have workload valleys. More on my perhaps by FB account by my full name.

    I am feeling a bit lost, as information seems to be not very well structured to lead you.

    Hope to help soon, Edmond Jozsa

    Hello there, I am not sure this is the right space to introduce myself. I have been working as a proof-reader and translator for some time, and thought why not join the mozilla project when I have workload valleys. More on my perhaps by FB account by my full name. I am feeling a bit lost, as information seems to be not very well structured to lead you. Hope to help soon, Edmond Jozsa
  12. Hello,

    I'm just a proficient user of Google Translate (which has improved a _LOT_ over the years) and other free text translator services. Using these I think I could offer some help, if needed.

    Best regards, Tamás Szabó

    Hello, I'm just a proficient user of Google Translate (which has improved a '''''_LOT_ '''''over the years) and other free text translator services. Using these I think I could offer some help, if needed. Best regards, Tamás Szabó

    Modified by Tamás Szabó on

  13. Hi Tamás! A bit late, but I wrote a PM if you still would like to help.

    Hi Tamás! A bit late, but I wrote a PM if you still would like to help.
  14. Hi folks, I have a good deal of experience in UI/UA l10n (en to hu), and am an avid Firefox user. Let me know where I can help the most. Cheers, GG

    Hi folks, I have a good deal of experience in UI/UA l10n (en to hu), and am an avid Firefox user. Let me know where I can help the most. Cheers, GG
  15. Hi GG,

    For a start, I'd recommend taking this short course to learn more about our community.

    Hi GG, For a start, I'd recommend taking [https://mozilla.teachable.com/p/sumo this short course] to learn more about our community.
  16. Hi GG! I also recommend joining us on Matrix. For a start I recommend these rooms:

    If you don't have a Matrix account, you can create one at https://chat.mozilla.org/

    If you don't want to use Matrix, then you can contact me or kkemenczy directly with a PM right here on SUMO. I specialize in l10n (https://pontoon.mozilla.org), while Kálmán tends the knowledge base articles. Personally I think that translating even more support articles would be the most useful.

    Hi GG! I also recommend joining us on Matrix. For a start I recommend these rooms: * Hungarian community: https://matrix.to/#/#mozillahu:mozilla.org * SUMO (Support Mozilla): https://matrix.to/#/#sumo:mozilla.org If you don't have a Matrix account, you can create one at https://chat.mozilla.org/ If you don't want to use Matrix, then you can contact me or kkemenczy directly with a PM right here on SUMO. I specialize in l10n (https://pontoon.mozilla.org), while Kálmán tends the knowledge base articles. Personally I think that translating even more support articles would be the most useful.