Showing questions for topic:

Thunderbird send copy to a folder

This is answering Toad Hall and Mapenzi, who discussed my problem with the disappearance of the opportunity to put a copy of a message into a specific folder. This facili… (read more)

This is answering Toad Hall and Mapenzi, who discussed my problem with the disappearance of the opportunity to put a copy of a message into a specific folder.

This facility was (and is) available on my MacBook, running TB 113. It has disappeared in this version (153). After a long time preoccupied with too many other things, I have now looked at my Add-ons lists in both versions. See attached screen shots. I think this explains my problem. But it doesn't *solve* it, as there is no suitable Add-on available. Perhaps, Mapenzi, you could ask your mate if he's willing to update the Add-on?

Mapenzi: it looked as though your screen shot of a blank message (in French) included an option for 'Copie à'. Is this standard in French HTML? (I can't persuade my TB to compose am HTML message to check, at the moment.)

Je vois que 'Mapenzi' est un mot Swahili pour 'amour'. Vrai?

Open

Thunderbird 157 breaks google calendar add-on

Just updated to Thunderbird 157 and all my calendars are now disabled because the google calendar add-on is not compatible and was disabled. How do I enable my other cale… (read more)

Just updated to Thunderbird 157 and all my calendars are now disabled because the google calendar add-on is not compatible and was disabled. How do I enable my other calendars or move back to 156 while I wait for an update for the google calendar add-on?

Locked 1 2

Google Calendar & Tasks suddenly fail in Thunderbird 157 64bit

I'm running Thunderbird 157 64bit for Google email, Calendar & Tasks. This has worked nicely for months even after the upgrade to 157. Today Calendar & Tasks fa… (read more)

I'm running Thunderbird 157 64bit for Google email, Calendar & Tasks. This has worked nicely for months even after the upgrade to 157. Today Calendar & Tasks fail to connect and are completely blank. Apparently the Add-on 128.5.12 (Philipp Kewisch) that made this work has been disabled for some reason. Please don't tell me that Thunderbird has suddenly decided Google Calendar and Tasks just aren't needed by anyone anymore. There is no new connector available that I can find, just a suggestion to go back to an older version of Thunderbird? Please help me understand. Thanks!

Open 1 10

Google-4-TbSync is incompatible with Thunderbird 153.3.1

I really hope somebody can help me with the "Google-4-TbSync is incompatible with Thunderbird 153.3.1" Are there any solution to this, because the developer seems to hav… (read more)

I really hope somebody can help me with the "Google-4-TbSync is incompatible with Thunderbird 153.3.1" Are there any solution to this, because the developer seems to have stopped the development of an update of this extention. I desperately need to sync my Google contacts with my Thunderbir contacts. Any help will be welcomed.

Solved 1

Why does ublock origin not work any more?

For a long time I've been using ublock origin to block parts of emails and RSS feeds to make them more readable. This is not so much to block ads as to block parts that m… (read more)

For a long time I've been using ublock origin to block parts of emails and RSS feeds to make them more readable. This is not so much to block ads as to block parts that make it hard for me to read things. I am partially sighted. Flashing text etc. is very hard for me.

Now the extension loads but the element hiding part doesn't work on either emails or RSS feeds. I click on it but it no longer selects any part of the emails or feeds.

Why is this and what other options are there?

It still works on Firefox.

Open 9

Spell as you type not working

So, I recently updated Thunderbird and I appear to have lost the Spell check as you type feature. By 'doesn't work' I mean; The incorrectly spelled word is underlined, bu… (read more)

So, I recently updated Thunderbird and I appear to have lost the Spell check as you type feature. By 'doesn't work' I mean; The incorrectly spelled word is underlined, but a right click shows; No Spelling Suggestion (which kind of suggested the feature can't find or isn't reading the dictionary)

I have done multiple things to try to get it to work.

I have checked I have the English Language Pack installed in Add-ons> Language I have check I have an English dictionary installed in Add-ons > Dictionary. (I have uninstalled the above and re-installed them too, including, shutting down Thunderbird in between)

I have unchecked the "Enable spell check as you type" in Settings > Composition, restarted Thunderbird and then re-checked it.

Quite by chance, while I was typing this, I added an Add-on called "Easy Table Editor by Cardella" And whilst testing it, I noticed the Spell Check as you Type worked in the Pop-up window and continued to work inside the inserted table in the compose window. NOTE: Text outside the table, still does NOT work.

Whilst playing around, I also used a Text Highlighter tool (TextMarker) and amazingly, text that has been highlighted, also seems to work with Spell Check as you Type.

I then deleted everything (Ctrl A) Delete. And any text I type, now responds correctly to the Spell Check as you Type.

So, something in the thml code seems to be disrupting the code?

I deleted this line and it works

I'm not convinced this is exactly what's causing it though? Anything I do within the ThunderHTMLedit window, then seems to allow Spell Check as you Type.

If I open a new message on an account without a template of any kind the Spell Check as you Type appears to work.

Next: I disabled ThunderHTMLedit rebooted Thunderbird and created a new message, but Spell Check as you Type still doesn't work, unless I disrupt the HTML by creating a table or highlighting the text.

I'm afraid I'm done now... hopefully someone will come up with a solution?

Open

Eule has not been working properly with Thunderbird since yesterday. Since the subsequent update to version 156, it has even become incompatible

Since yesterday (15 September 2026), my Microsoft Account has not been working properly. I managed to get round the problem by deleting my cookies. Then the update to ver… (read more)

Since yesterday (15 September 2026), my Microsoft Account has not been working properly. I managed to get round the problem by deleting my cookies. Then the update to version 156 was released, and after that Eule became incompatible. When can we expect an update to make it work again? Thanks.

Open 1

Mail not displayed in folders

This afternoon, without any warning, all my mail in every folder could not be displayed. This is the second time this has happened in the last month and a half. I have… (read more)

This afternoon, without any warning, all my mail in every folder could not be displayed. This is the second time this has happened in the last month and a half. I have two mail accounts - one that goes through Yahoo and the other Gmail. No mail is displayed in either account.

When I run Thunderbird in troubleshooting mode, the mail does display. I then disabled the few addons that I use but that didn't make any difference. When not in troubleshooting mode, no mail is displayed.

Of course, there's "troubleshooting information" but that's way too technical for me to get anything out of it.

I've been a Thunderbird user for over 20 years and I would like to keep using it but this performance is discouraging.

What do I need to do to get past this issue? I'm assuming I'll be able to read an email response by using troubleshooting mode.

Thanks.

Open 13 10

CardBooks incompatible with Thunderbird 155.0

Somewhat frustrating ... just after installing and setting up CardBook for Thunderbird on all devices... it automatically deactivated and "disappeared". CardBook no long… (read more)

Somewhat frustrating ... just after installing and setting up CardBook for Thunderbird on all devices... it automatically deactivated and "disappeared". CardBook no longer is compatible with Thunderbird.

Hope there will be an update soon that allows to keep all the settings...

Thanks.

Open 3 1 30

Thundebird 155 changes Shortcut handling? How can we change shortcuts in 155?

With Thunderbird 155 our Shortcuts deletion plugin doesn't work anymore. Now all the worst shortcuts like "a" are back. (I never understood why it isn't something like … (read more)

With Thunderbird 155 our Shortcuts deletion plugin doesn't work anymore.

Now all the worst shortcuts like "a" are back. 

(I never understood why it isn't something like "Alt+A" )

We need to deactivate all the *(/&%$&% shortcuts. We deactivated them via a plugin. But the plugin does't work with 155. Does someone knew what mozilla chaged with the shortcuts handling, so we can change our plugin acordingly?

Solved 1 10

A decent grammar checker for Thuderbird?

I'm thinking about using the LanguageTooler grammar checker that's listed among Thunderbird's add-ons but I've seen reports on Reddit saying that it's only FOC for a limi… (read more)

I'm thinking about using the LanguageTooler grammar checker that's listed among Thunderbird's add-ons but I've seen reports on Reddit saying that it's only FOC for a limited time, after which you need to stump up a monthly fee,

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

Open 1 30

Addon-Page is not reachable

Hi I can not access and install addons. https://addons.thunderbird.net/de/thunderbird/ Cloudflare seem to work?! Tested with my phone as well (cellular connection) Is thi… (read more)

Hi I can not access and install addons.

https://addons.thunderbird.net/de/thunderbird/

Cloudflare seem to work?!

Tested with my phone as well (cellular connection)

Is this a general issue and did they notice it already?

Best regards :)

Open 1 30

Whatever

// Listening for the extension to trigger (e.g., via a custom command or button) async function forwardConversation(tabId, msgs) { let body = await exportConversationAsH… (read more)

// Listening for the extension to trigger (e.g., via a custom command or button) async function forwardConversation(tabId, msgs) {

 let body = await exportConversationAsHtml(msgs);
 let displayedMsgs = await browser.messageDisplay.getDisplayedMessages(tabId);
 let identityId = undefined;
 if (displayedMsgs.length) {
   let accountId = displayedMsgs[0].folder.accountId;
   let account = await browser.accounts.get(accountId);
   identityId = account.identities[0]?.id;
 }
 await browser.compose.beginNew({
   identityId,
   isPlainText: false,
   body,
 });

}

async function exportConversationAsHtml(msgs) {

let hr = `
 
`;
 let html = `

Forwarded Conversation:

` + hr; let promises = msgs.map(msg => exportMsgAsHtml(msg)); let messagesHtml = await Promise.all(promises); html += `
` + messagesHtml.join(hr) + `
`; return html;

}

async function exportMsgAsHtml(msg) {

 // Simple fallback to extract text content safely
return `
From: ${msg.author || "Unknown"}
Subject: ${msg.subject}

${msg.body || ""}
`;

}

Open 1

How can I auto resize an image to proper size when writing emails ?

I used to use Foxmail as my email client. When writing emails with oversized images, I could right-click the image and select the "Auto resize it to proper size" option t… (read more)

I used to use Foxmail as my email client. When writing emails with oversized images, I could right-click the image and select the "Auto resize it to proper size" option to make the image easier to read. However, I can't find the same function in Thunderbird. Do I need to use an extension, or is there another way? Can someone please help me? It's really frustrating.

Open 3 10