Showing questions for topic:

Update erased all my bookmarks.

latest update "erased" my bookmarks. Ive followed all instructions, no backup file shows when doing Restore directions. Supposed to automatically save last 15 updates but… (read more)

latest update "erased" my bookmarks. Ive followed all instructions, no backup file shows when doing Restore directions. Supposed to automatically save last 15 updates but no bookmarks? Where else may it be saved to try manual restore or am I going to have to reenter all I had.

Solved 2

upload back up from an old firefox login that is no longer available

My old login email is no longer accessible, I was able to save a backup from my laptop as it is still logged in with the old email. I have a new computer that I downloade… (read more)

My old login email is no longer accessible, I was able to save a backup from my laptop as it is still logged in with the old email. I have a new computer that I downloaded fire fox onto but when I tried to log in, it sent a pass code to my old address, which I no longer have access to. I was told to delete the fire fox off my new computer and reinstall and sign up with a new ID using my new email address. I tried this but my new computer somehow still sees that I had downloaded fire fox previously and wants me to sign in with my old email. I tried setting up a new profile, but it still wants to log in with my old email.

Open 1 20

I can't get Firefox to restore bookmarks.

I've tried to import bookmarks from an export file created on another computer but Firefox says there are no bookmarks in the file -- clearly wrong since I see them and c… (read more)

I've tried to import bookmarks from an export file created on another computer but Firefox says there are no bookmarks in the file -- clearly wrong since I see them and can click on them to go that site in Firefox.

I've also tried to restore them from Old Firefox Data but Firefox won't read those files either.

Open 1 2 31

apps not reopening and no way to find them

so firefox was recently updated and I had about 30 or so tabs under different tab groups in two windows. I just did the update, but when it restarted, it only reopened ha… (read more)

so firefox was recently updated and I had about 30 or so tabs under different tab groups in two windows. I just did the update, but when it restarted, it only reopened half of the tab groups (one window) but each tab itself was blank and there was no link in the space so there was no way to refresh them. I went to recently closed history but there's nothing there cause the tab groups had been up for a while so they weren't recent. also the new history is really confusing and unclear to navigate. I want all my tabs in the tab groups back, especially because I don't remember what each tab was. please help

Open 5 82

After Firefox update to version 157.0 all of my bookmarks are gone.

Firefox just updated to version 157.0 and now all of my bookmarks are gone. I export my bookmarks but even when I go to Manage my Bookmarks and try to import the file I … (read more)

Firefox just updated to version 157.0 and now all of my bookmarks are gone. I export my bookmarks but even when I go to Manage my Bookmarks and try to import the file I saved, clicking Browse button doesn't do anything. What happened to my bookmarks?

Open 2 1

all old passwords and bookmarks are gone! Help to restore please.

I Accidentally signed out of my account and then had to change my password, now all old passwords and bookmarks are gone! Help to restore please. Now when I sign in, it'… (read more)

I Accidentally signed out of my account and then had to change my password, now all old passwords and bookmarks are gone! Help to restore please. Now when I sign in, it's with the new password and I can't access any of my old back-ups.

Open 2

apparent loss of bookmarks

I had a ten year well organized system of book marks. With latest upgrade they appear to be missing. All i see is gobly gook over how great the new update is, but no boo… (read more)

I had a ten year well organized system of book marks. With latest upgrade they appear to be missing. All i see is gobly gook over how great the new update is, but no bookmarks.

Open 1

Your update wiped all my tabs and purged them from "recovery.jsonlz4" and "previous.jsonlz4"

You are a profoundly incompetent company, and I will never use your software again. I will advise everyone from using it if the topic ever occurs in a discussion. I'm te… (read more)

You are a profoundly incompetent company, and I will never use your software again.

I will advise everyone from using it if the topic ever occurs in a discussion.

I'm tempted to say more, but I will not.


I lost some very important, now unrecoverable tabs, because you thought that fixing and updating something that ALREADY WORKS FINE is a great idea.

There are no words that could fix this mess, whether I am to say them or you.

Open

Firefox not working as should. have to quit.

I´m really sorry it had to come to this. I used Firefox for decades. And I think it´s important to have another engine next to google. But. Firefox consistently loose my … (read more)

I´m really sorry it had to come to this. I used Firefox for decades. And I think it´s important to have another engine next to google.

But. Firefox consistently loose my opened tabs. I´m not on my desktop just like once per week, and each time I open firefox, it is updated, and clean, and today I can´t open any history. I can probably reopen closed things, but not OPENED while closed last time. This has been really last drop, I´m tired of opening everything again, finding what was there. It was there for a purpose. So. bye bye, and I´ll go download something working ... like brav or duckduckgo. Not happy about this, but I don´t see another choice.

Open 1

i need help with recovering my usernames

i reset my pc because i had malware on it and when i logged onto firefox with my new reseted pc all my saved passwords/usernames were gone after a certain date is there a… (read more)

i reset my pc because i had malware on it and when i logged onto firefox with my new reseted pc all my saved passwords/usernames were gone after a certain date is there a way to get back any of these usernames/passwords

Open 1

Firefox crashed. Google email account deleted. Need to restore to a previous session

Firefox on desktop crashed. When it crashed, it deleted the Google email account I use to login for many sites. When I tried to retrieve that account, Google responded … (read more)

Firefox on desktop crashed. When it crashed, it deleted the Google email account I use to login for many sites. When I tried to retrieve that account, Google responded that it is deleted and the name cannot be reused.

Is there any way to resurrect a session from, say, 5 hours ago.

Open 2 20

Tab groups are gone after multiple restarts.

hi there, so i use tab groups extensively, for example I'm a freelancer working for many clients on many projects per client, so I open a group per project and have wind… (read more)

hi there,

so i use tab groups extensively, for example I'm a freelancer working for many clients on many projects per client, so I open a group per project and have windows with stacks of groups and then just dip into the stack as needed for whatever I'm working on that moment.

Usually I'm good about closing firefox down so it remembers my tab groups the next time I boot (my mac OS Tahoe). However I was trouble shooting a piece of hardware that required me restarting the mac many times in a row and once it was all done about 6 restarts later, my windows with stacks of tabs were gone. Firefox had remebered some groups, but lost 70% of my tab groups, which is just a huge waste of time, I'm never going to go back and re-open tabs from months ago i.e. I can't remeber what i was browsing for which is why I save tab groups duh, so I just need this to be more robust.

Please write a big fat file of every group somewhere and make it recall the damn list on next boot, or 20 boots later. The only way it should delete a group is if I manually decide I don't need it any more and purge it from my library.

Just having the history is super useless, I'm not gonna waste more than 10 seconds looking at the thousands of tabs in my history trying to recreate my groups, just no way, I have to move fast I'm always on deadline.

Please and thanks!

Open 2

All my bookmarks are gone

I've spent decades developing my bookmarks. Now they're gone and I want them back. No complicated steps to edit profile, etc should be necessary. I don't have time for… (read more)

I've spent decades developing my bookmarks. Now they're gone and I want them back. No complicated steps to edit profile, etc should be necessary. I don't have time for that. Just restore them, please.

Open 1