Where have the reload and stop loading buttons gone?
The reload button and the stop button do not appear on the toolbar in beta 7. I can reload a tab from the context menu for the tab, not as easy but it can be done. But I can see no way to stop a page load. So how?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
Ok. I'm blind. I've found them now. They are at the right hand end of the address field, beyond the bookmark star.
Firefox 4.0 has a combined Reload and Stop button that appears at the far right of the location bar.
- Open the "View > Toolbars > Customize" window to move them out of the location bar.
- Swap the two buttons or move them to their previous position at the left of the location bar.
- If the order is "Reload - Stop" to get a combined "Reload/Stop" button.
- Swap the order to "Stop - Reload" or separate them otherwise to get two distinct buttons.
I'm in Linux, but hope this will be helpfull: 1. View > Toolbars > Customize 2. Click on Restore Default Set 3. Drag and drop to rearrange buttons 4. If you don't see the Stop button, drag and drop separator behind the Reload button (for some reason these two are packed together in Firefox 4.)
Thank you mr.fogg for the separator trick, I was going crazy clicking on 'Restore default set', only to see the Stop button disappear again after I click on 'Close'. I don't see why they didn't think of that when making this new version. But then again it's free, so.... PS Great, you can even move the Reload/Stop buttons next to the back/next arrows where it's logical for them to be!
Modified by franjo.lagani
This could be the solution you were looking for?
Modified by Wess1ly