Windows Media or other plugins stopped working after Firefox update
- Revision id: 42740
- Creator: Michael Verdi
- Comment: Reworded explanation based on last revision
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Some plugins that are no longer maintained, like the Windows Media plugin, have their files installed in a place that Firefox no longer supports. This causes the plugin to stop working. We'll explain how to make these plugins work again.
Change a Firefox setting to turn these plugins back on
In the address bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click to continue to the about:config page.
- Search for plugins.load_appdir_plugins
- Double-click plugins.load_appdir_plugins to change its value to true.
Click the menu button and then click ExitQuit .. When you restart Firefox the plugins will be enabled.
Click the Firefox menu , then click .Click the Firefox menu at the top of the screen, then click .Click the Firefox menu , then click .