Using Tabs on Firefox for Android
- Revision id: 12502
- Creator: Michael Verdi
- Comment: broke into sections, new screenshots, info on closing and reopening tabs, not about awesome screen article for more info, info on opening a link in a new tab
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: zzxc
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: zzxc
Firefox for mobile lets you easily create and manage multiple tabs. This article will show you how it's done.
Table of Contents
How do I open a new tab?
- Swipe to the right to select the button located on the bottom, left side of the screen.
- You'll be taken to the Awesome Screen and a list of your most visited sites. You can type the name or address of the website you're looking for or just choose it from a list of your bookmarks, history and tabs.
How do I close and reopen tabs?
Swipe to the right to see a list of your tabs. Tap the red close button on a tab to close it.
If you close a tab by mistake, you can reopen the last closed tab by tapping the green restore button at the bottom, left side of the screen.
How do I open a link in a new tab?
- To open a link in a new tab, do a long-tap on the link to open the contextual menu.
- Tap Open Link in New Tab.
- You'll see a notification that a new tab was opened.
- To switch to your new tab, swipe to the right and tap on the new tab's thumbnail.