Use the Firefox interface in other languages with language packs
Language packs are add-ons that let you to have more languages available for the user interface of Firefox. This article describes how:
- Find, install and manage language packs in Firefox.
- Change the selected language for the interface of Firefox.
If you are searching how to control the preferred languages for websites that offer its contents in multiple languages, see Settings for web content, pop-ups, fonts, and languages.
Table of Contents
How I get language packs for Firefox?
- Visit the Mozilla Dictionaries & Language Packs page.
- Find in the list the language you want to add, and click the Install Language Pack link next to it. The main page of that language pack will be open.
- Click the button for to install it. Firefox will download the language pack and ask you to confirm the installation.
How to manage language packs
To see what language packs you have installed:
Click the menu button and choose. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the panel.
If you don't have apanel, don't worry. It's hidden if you don't have language packs installed. The same goes for a few other uncommon types of add-ons.
How to uninstall language packs
If you want to remove a language pack, see Disable or remove Add-ons.
How to change the language of the user interface
Unlike themes, enabling a language pack in the Add-ons Manager only does the languages it provides available. To change the preferred language for the interface:
In the address bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click to continue to the about:config page.
- In the FilterSearch field, type intl.locale.matchOS.
- If the intl.locale.matchOS preference has a value of true, double-click it to toggle its value to false.
- Clear the FilterSearch field, and type general.useragent.locale.
- Double-click the general.useragent.locale preference, and enter the code of the language you want to use. This page lists most of the language codes used for Mozilla localizations.
- Click the menu button and then click ExitQuit .
When you start Firefox again, you will see the interface in the new specified language.