This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Firefox for Android now lets you watch Internet videos on your TV. All you need is Firefox on your Android phone and a Chromecast device plugged into your TV - no additional apps needed.
Here's how to do it:
- Make sure that your Chromecast is on the same WiFi network as your Android device.
- Launch Firefox on your Android device, then go to a website with a video format supported by Chromecast. If you have Adobe Flash Player enabled on your device, disable or uninstall it through your Android settings menu to prevent it from overriding the supported formats.
- Tap on a video to start playing it.
- Tap on the Send to icon that appears either on the address bar or on the video player (after any ads have stopped playing):
- Choose Cast to DeviceSend to Device menu.
- The video will start playing on your TV after a brief load time.
- You'll be able to pause or stop the video directly from your Android device using the controls at the bottom of the screen:
- Your video controls will stay at the bottom of the screen while the video is playing, even if you decide to browse other sites.