Use Adaptive Search to discover personalized apps
Firefox OS includes an easy-to-use, adaptive app search. Just type a single word, like "sushi," to discover related mobile apps. Some apps can even make use of your location to customize the content they display. You can try out all kinds of apps this way. Find something you really like? Save it to your home screen for easy access. Let's get started!
Table of Contents
Search or browse for apps
- Access the search screen:
- For Firefox OS v 1.0.1: Swipe right from the home screen.
- For Firefox OS v 1.1: Just tap the search bar on the main home screen - no need to swipe to the right.
- Not sure what version of Firefox OS you have? Here's how to find out.
- Tap a category like "social" or "games" (these are also referred to as folders) to browse for available apps.
- Or type a keyword in the search box. The apps you find will be related to your search. For example, opening the YouTube app for a search of "The Beatles" will give you music and video from The Beatles.
- Now tap an app to try it without downloading or installing it.
Add an app to your home screen
Found something useful? Let's save it.
- Tap the arrow in the bottom-right corner of any app that you've opened to bring up the menu.
- Then tap the star to save it to your home screen.
- Confirm what you want to save.
- If this is an app that you browsed to from a folder, like "games," then just tap the name of the app on the confirmation screen and it will be saved.
- If this an app that you found by searching, you may have two choices. For example, if you searched for "The Beatles" and then opened YouTube, you can choose just the app or the app customized to your Beatles search.
Navigate the search screen
Here's how to get around.
- Continue scrolling down the page to load more results.
- Get back to the search results screen by tapping your device's home button.
- Previous searches are available under the search bar. Swipe these to the left to see more.Tip: If you scroll the search results far enough, you will see a Clear history link that you can use to clear the app search history.
Organize the search screen
Customize the search screen to suit you.
- Tap and hold a "folder" for a few seconds (the folders will start to jiggle). Then you can drag one around to rearrange it or press the red X to remove it.
- Tap the button to add new folders to the search screen.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/190iMvn