This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
- Click the menu button and choose . . In the .OptionsPreferences window, click on the tab.
- This is your Sync KeyRecovery Key. Now is a good time to save or print a copy of your key and store it somewhere safe. When you are done with this step, click .
The Sync KeyRecovery Key is used to encrypt your data before it's sent to the Mozilla servers. Think of it as a key that locks your information in a vault that only you can open. This means that neither Mozilla nor anyone else can read your information without having your Sync KeyRecovery Key to unlock it.
- Confirm that you are not a robot by entering the text from the image. Then click .
- You will see a Setup Complete! message. Click
to close the setup window and take you back to the Sync panel.
- You do not need to do anything else. Firefox Sync will automatically sync your data in the background from here on. This first sync should happen quickly but may take more than 30 minutes depending on how much information needs to be synced.