This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
The 64-bit version of Firefox can provide better performance than the 32-bit version. 64-bit Firefox requires a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or higher. To see if you have a 64-bit Windows version visit this Microsoft help page.
Follow these steps to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox:
- Go to this Mozilla Firefox download page and select the Windows 64-bit installer.
- Download the Firefox Setup file and save it to your computer.
- Do not run the installer yet.
- Close Firefox. Click the Firefox menu and select .Click the Firefox menu at the top of the screen and select .Click the Firefox menu and select .
- Remove the 32-bit version of Firefox. Open the Windows . Open the panel, then select the tab. panel menu and click on
- Scroll down the list of appsprograms until you find the Mozilla Firefox item that contains x86 in the name. Select it, and click .
- Follow the prompts in the Uninstall Wizard to complete the removal of the 32-bit version.
- Run the Firefox Setup file you saved to your computer and follow the prompts to install the 64-bit version of Firefox.