SUMO - Managing account data
Table of Contents
What data do you receive from my account?
Required Account Data:
- Username (this will be public)
- Email (you can optionally make this public)
- Hash of your password (“Hashing” means that we can “match” your password when you enter it to log in to your account, but we cannot actually see or read your password.)
Optional Account Data
- Other account information (Twitter, Facebook, Mozillians, IRC)
- Preferred language
Contributions to knowledge base articles and forums are publicly associated with your username.
If you help with localization/translations, this work is not associated with your username/account.
How do I access my account data?
You can access your account at: https://support.mozilla.org/users/edit.
How do I update my account data?
You can update your account at: https://support.mozilla.org/users/edit.
How do I delete my account data?
You can delete your account with the https://support.mozilla.org/users/edit. This will delete all required and optional account data.button at the bottom of your account page:
- All contributions to the forums, knowledge base articles, and translation projects are retained, so they can continue to be used for support.
- Contributor usernames are left on forum posts and knowledge base articles after account deletion. If you want to have your username and/or image removed from posts and articles, file a bug under Product: support.mozilla.org with Component: Knowledge Base Content.
How long do you keep my account data?
We keep it for as long as your account is open, unless you choose to delete it.