Scrolling issue on Firefox after upgrading to OS X Mavericks
This article applies to Mac users only.
Some OS X Mavericks users have experienced issues scrolling after attempting to swipe to a previous page. This issue has also been reported on other browsers.
Try one of these solutions until Apple delivers a long-term fix.
Change your System Preferences
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen to open the menu.
- Choose System Preferences, and then General.
- Set your Show scroll bar setting to Always.
Change your about:config settings
- Type about:config in your address bar and press EnterReturn.
- When the This might void your warranty warning page appears, click on the button to continue.
- In the search box, type in browser.gesture.swipe to bring up the following preferences:
- Right-click on any one of these preferences and select to edit its value.
- Delete all the text in the string value field, and then click
- Repeat steps 4-5 for each of the following preferences:
Changing your about:config settings could affect Firefox's performance. To change your settings back to the default, right-click on the preference and select.