Tips and tricks for working fast
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
- Hold Shift to select multiple events with your mouse
- Ctrl + C to copy an event, or series of events
- Ctrl + V to paste an event, or series of events
- Spacebar to play and pause your project
- Delete to delete an event
- Tab to select the next timeline event
- Shift + Tab to select the previous timeline event
- <-left and right-> arrows to nudge an event
- up and down arrows to move an event to the layer above or below (must be empty)
- Pick a consistent layout. Come up with a rhythm and appearance, then use copy and paste to set up your layout across the timeline. You can then fill it with content.
- The remix button as a unique feature of Popcorn Maker. Think about how others might remix your work and design it for them.
- Audio can be your best ally. Video is often busy and distracting.
- Consider muting the video and using audio + images. Animated gifs are also really awesome with sound.
- Short pieces can leave a big impression if done right.
- Think outside the box. There are many ways to tell a story. You can be creative with things like the Google Streetview setting, or the Flickr slideshow feature.
Other helpful tips
- Use the zoom sliders to adjust your workspace.
- Stay organized.
- Try to keep certain types of events on specific layers. Images on one layer, text on another.
- You can swap layers around by dragging the layer area with your mouse
- You can name your image events in the editor pane so they are easier to keep track of.
- You can shrink videos to leave room for events on the side. That way you're video isn't covered up.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/1BAV8Ta