PDF files are blank or cause an error message on Mac
- Revision id: 24319
- Creator: michro
- Comment: Article only for Mac. Using the template [[T:optionspreferences]] shows specific steps for other systems (not required).
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
When you install or update Adobe Reader, it installs a plugin for viewing PDF files inside Firefox and sets that as the default. The problem is that this plugin does not work. In order to view PDF files again follow these steps:
- On the menu bar, click on the menu and select .
- Select the panel.
- Type pdf into the search bar.
- For each content type listed, click on the drop-down menu in the Action column and change the selection to use Adobe Reader, Preview or PDF Browser Plugin (if you are using the Schubert PDF plugin).
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
You can also view PDF files inside Firefox with these add-ons:
For details on using these and help fixing problems, please see, View PDF files in Firefox.