What is a Kill switch?
A VPN kill switch is a must-have for privacy reasons when using a VPN. If you are actively using the VPN to transfer data and your Internet connection becomes unstable or drops, the entire network connection on your device will be blocked to prevent your local IP address from being exposed to the outside world.
Instructions by platform:
- Navigate to Android’s > > > .
- Tap on the gear icon to the right of Mozilla VPN to enter app specific settings for VPN.
- Turn the Always-on VPN option to ON.
- Once you have a VPN connection. Enable/Toggle Block connections without VPN to ON.
- Android OS will prompt you a question, tap TURN ON to finally enable your kill switch.
The Mozilla VPN on iOS has a kill switch enabled by default. There is currently no setting to disable the kill switch.
The Mozilla VPN on Windows has a kill switch enabled by default. There is currently no setting to disable the kill switch.