Phone masking allows you to choose a phone number mask to protect your real phone number. When you use a phone mask, you can easily receive and reply to calls and texts without revealing your real phone number.
|Text forwarding||When a text message is sent to your Relay number, it will forward to your true phone.|
|Text replies/conversations||When you reply to a forwarded message from your Relay number, Relay will forward your reply to the last number that texted you.|
|Call forwarding||When a call is made to your Relay number, it will forward to your true phone.|
|Text & Call blocking||You can use your Relay number dashboard to enable/disable your Relay number|
How do I become a subscriber?
- Visit the Firefox Relay website to choose from the available plans and complete your purchase.
- After subscribing, visit your Firefox Relay dashboard and follow the steps below to verify your real phone number.
- Log in to Firefox Relay with your Firefox account.
- Click Phone Number at the top right side of the screen.
- Select a new plan and click Upgrade now.
- You’ll be taken to a payment screen with information about your current plan and the new plan you’re upgrading to. Proceed with the checkout.
After completing your payment, visit the Firefox Relay dashboard and follow the steps below to verify your phone number.
To verify your real phone number
- Visit the Firefox Relay website and log in with your Firefox account.
- Click Phone number in the top right corner. You’ll be taken to the verification screen.
- Enter your real phone number in the text field and click Send code. A verification code will be sent to the number you provided.
- Enter the code you received in the verification box and press Confirm my phone number.
To generate a phone mask
- After confirming your phone number, click Search for phone number masks to generate a list of masks to choose from.
- Select a phone mask from the available options, or click Show me other options to generate more masks. To generate masks with a different area code, type in a different area code and press Enter.
- Once you’ve selected a mask from the list, click Register phone number mask.
For information about your phone mask, go to your Firefox Relay dashboard and click Phone number at the top right.
Do I need to install an app to use Relay Phone Masking?
No, Relay Phone Masking works using your device’s standard text messaging and calling apps.
How many phone masks do I get?
You only get one phone number mask at this time. Once you choose your phone number mask, you cannot change it later.
How do I save the Relay contact card?
Once you upgrade to Relay Phone Masking, we will text you a contact card that contains the number from which you will receive forwarded texts, similar to any contact card that stores the phone number of people who contact you. On most devices, you can select that contact card and save it like any other contact on your phone.
What is text forwarding?
When a text message is sent to your relay number, it will forward to your true phone number.
What are text replies/conversations?
When you reply to a forwarded message from your Relay number, Relay will forward your reply to the last number that texted you.
What kinds of texts will be forwarded?
Only SMS text messages can be forwarded. MMS texts that include photos, videos, etc. will not be forwarded.
What is call forwarding?
When a call is made to your relay number, it will forward to your true phone number.
Can I make calls from my Relay number?
No. Similar to email masks, Relay Phone Masking only protects your true phone number when responding to messages or answering phone calls.
Does a Firefox Relay Premium subscription include phone masking or is it a separate service?
Relay Phone Masking is a separate premium service, and is not initially included with Relay email masking subscription.
Should I add my Relay Phone number to my contacts?
In your welcome text message, a contact card will be included containing your Relay Phone number. You can import this card into your contacts application for convenience and to help identify forwarded Relay forwarded text messages.
Importing contacts can be different depending on your mobile device and contacts application; however, tapping on the contact card attachment in the welcome text message should begin the process. For additional information on importing contacts, please refer to your device's manual.