Installing Thunderbird on Windows
This article describes how to install Thunderbird on Windows.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Thunderbird, see Updating Thunderbird.
This article only applies to Windows.
Before installing Thunderbird:
- Make sure that your computer meets the System Requirements.
- Do not install Thunderbird using a limited Windows XP account. For more information, see How to determine your user account type in Windows at microsoft.com.
- Visit the Thunderbird download page in any browser (e.g. Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer). The page will automatically recommend the best version(s) of Thunderbird for you.
- Click on the green download link to download the Thunderbird installer. Depending on your connection speed, the download may take up to a few minutes. Thanks for your patience… it’ll be worth the wait!
- Start the process by clicking
- Then, just follow the steps (we’ve made the process as painless as possible).
Congratulations, you are done installing Thunderbird!
- Double-click on the Thunderbird icon whenever you want to communicate.
Visit our troubleshooting pages
Share this article: http://mzl.la/1ApHlzk