Installing Lightning into Thunderbird
This article explains how to install Lightning into Mozilla Thunderbird.
The current released version of Lightning always requires the current released version of Mozilla Thunderbird (but older versions of Lightning are available for previous versions of Thunderbird). e.g. As of March 13, 2012, the current version of Thunderbird was Thunderbird 11 and the corresponding current version of Lightning was 1.3 and Lightning 1.2 was for Thunderbird 10 and so on.
You can download the latest released version of Lightning or the Latest Development Channel Build. The Development Channel build has more features than the latest stable release but might have severe bugs that can cause data loss or crash your application and its designed for those testing development builds of Thunderbird
- Lightning for the current release of Thunderbird
- Lightning for Thunderbird Beta and Nightly releases (scroll down to "Development Channel")
- In Thunderbird, open the extension manager using the menu and clicking the menu item.
- Click the button in the lower left hand corner of the Add-ons box.
- Locate and select the file you downloaded and click
- Close and re-open Thunderbird to finish the installation.
- Please read the Lightning release notes before you use this software.
Congratulations, your calendar should now be correctly installed! You may now look at the other Using the Lightning Calendar Add-on.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/1ApHimT