These regions have data protection laws that require us to specify the following:
Our lawful bases for collecting and processing personal information under the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) include:
- Performing our contract with you: Registration for a Firefox Account requires your agreement to the Firefox Cloud Services Terms. To provide the services described, such as syncing your browser history or providing email verification, we need to receive your email address.
- Legitimate interests: We receive technical and interaction data of users, which may include IP addresses, to customize and offer location specific features, improve the security and reliability of our services and prevent abuse, and to understand where people learn about Firefox. This is further described in the Firefox Privacy Notice.
- Consent: Where we ask for your consent to process your information, you can always withdraw this consent.
The following rights are granted under the GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Mozilla applies these rights to all users of our products, regardless of your location:
- The right to know what personal data is collected
- The right to know if personal data is being shared, and to whom
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to exercise your privacy rights without being discriminated against
In many cases, you can access, update, or delete your personal information directly from our product settings.
If you have a question or concern, please contact us through our Data Subject Access Request Portal and we hope to resolve it for you. If we cannot, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.