Import Internet Explorer Favorites from another computer
This article describes how to get Internet Explorer Favorites from another computer into your Firefox Bookmarks on Windows. The Internet Explorer browser is not currently available for your operating system.
- Copying Favorites from the same computer? See Import Bookmarks from Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- Copying Firefox Bookmarks from another computer? See Moving your Firefox bookmarks and settings.
To copy your Bookmarks/Favorites to another computer, you will have to export them from Internet Explorer, copy the file to the other computer, then import them into Firefox.
Table of Contents
Exporting bookmarks from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer on the computer that has the Favorites you want to export.
- Press the Alt key on your keyboard. The menu bar (with , , , etc.) will appear.
- Click on the
- In the Import/Export Settings window, click to select Export to a file. Then click the button.
- Select Favorites. Then click the button.
- Select the Favorites folders you want to export. To export all your favorites, click the Favorites folder at the top of the list. Then click the button.
- Click the button, then navigate to a folder to save your bookmarks file. Then click the button.
Copying the bookmark file to another computer
Copy the file you created above to the other computer. You can do this by e-mail, over a network, with a USB drive, or whatever means you have.
Importing bookmarks into Firefox
Open Firefox on the computer that you want to put the Favorites on and then:
Click the Library button , then click . Scroll to the bottom and click .Click the Bookmarks button and select to open the Library window.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click
and choose .
- Within the Import Bookmarks File window that opens, navigate to the bookmarks HTML file you are importing and select the file.
- Click the button. The Import Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
Your Internet Explorer Favorites will be added to your Firefox bookmarks within the Bookmarks Menu directory.