Import Bookmarks from an HTML file
This article explains how to import an HTML bookmarks file formatted in the Netscape Bookmarks format.
- To replace your existing bookmarks with a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format, see Restoring bookmark backups.
Before proceeding, you should make a backup of your current bookmarks. You can do this by opening the Bookmarks Library window (explained below), then selectingand choosing . This will create a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format.
Click the Bookmarks button on the right side of the navigation toolbarOn the menu bar, click At the top of the Firefox window, click the and select menu to open the Library window.
Click the Bookmarks button and selectto open the Library window.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click
and choose .
- In the Import Bookmarks File window that opens, navigate to the bookmarks HTML file you are importing and select the file.
- Click the button. The Import Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
The bookmarks in the selected HTML file will be added to your Firefox bookmarks within the Bookmarks Menu directory.
Last Update: 2015-01-09