This article explains how to set the page that opens when you launch Firefox, click the Home button in the toolbar or open a new window.
Table of Contents
Set or change your home page through the Home button
- Open the web page you want to use as your home page.
- Drag and drop that tab onto the Home button on your toolbar (it's on the left side by default).
- Click on the prompt to set this page as your home page.
Set your home page through Firefox Settings
In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .Click the menu button and select .
- Click the
- Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose to show the default Firefox Home page, custom URLs or a blank page.
Set multiple pages as your home page
You can set a group of pages as your home page. Open each page in a separate tab, select
We have solutions:
- If you keep getting the "Firefox has just updated" tab every time Firefox starts, see the article Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix.
- If your home page settings are not saved, see How to fix preferences that won't save.
- If you don't see the Home button, have a look at Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars.
- If your home page was hijacked or automatically changed, see Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
- If a page keeps opening even after you've removed a third-party toolbar and restored your home page, see Wrong home page opens when I start Firefox - How to fix.
- An extension may be controlling your home page. For more information, see An extension changed my New Tab page or home page.