How to make Firefox and websites go full screen
- Revision id: 54221
- Creator: Joni
- Comment: Ready for review - updated to Fx29, added screenshots, shortened the intro paragraph.
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Firefox can expand to fill your entire screen with its Full Screen feature. It's great for those itty bitty screens on netbooks, making the most of your HD TV or just because you want it to! This article tells all you need to know about it.
Turn on Full Screen
Bigger is better! Fill up your whole screen with Firefox.
- Click the button.
- Click .
- Click on at the top of the Firefox window.
- Select from the drop-down menu.
- On the menu bar, click on the menu.
- Click .
- Click the icon on your toolbar to expand the customize menu.
- Select .
Turn off Full Screen
Gimme my computer back! Shrink Firefox back to it's original size.
- Move the pointer to the top of the screen.
- Right-click on an empty section of the Tab Strip.
- Click the icon on your toolbar again to expand the customize menu.
- Deselect .
For those with a good memory. Go Full Screen via the keyboard.
- Toggle Full Screen keyboard shortcut: Press the F11 key.Note: On computers with a compact keyboard (such as netbooks and laptops), press the fn + F11 keys.
- Toggle Full Screen keyboard shortcut: command + Shift + F