How does Firefox for Android use the permissions it requests?
- Revision id: 17781
- Creator: Matt Brubeck
- Comment: "Read phone state" has been removed from Firefox 8
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: scoobidiver
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Firefox for Mobile currently uses these permissions:
- Your location - Fine (GPS) location. GPS location is used only when you choose to share your location with a website. Firefox never uses your location itself or shares it with a website without your permission. Learn more about Firefox's location controls.
- Storage - Modify/delete SD card contents. Firefox uses this permission to save downloaded files to the SD card. Firefox will also store its own settings and history on the SD card if you use the Android Settings app to move Firefox to SD storage.
- Network communication - Full Internet access, View network state. Firefox uses these permissions to download web pages, add-ons, and other content over the Internet.
- System Tools - Install shortcuts. This permission is used by Firefox to allow you to add bookmarks or web app shortcuts to your device home screen.