How do I watch Flash videos with Firefox for Android?
- Revision id: 33378
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: short link, added context about Flash EOL, removed line breaks
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Flash is only supported in Firefox 14 for Android and subsequent versions.
Firefox for Android displays the tap-to-play icon by default for Flash. Use this article to learn how to watch videos and how to customize your settings for plugins like Flash.
- Install Adobe Flash player on your Android device by downloading an archived version from Archived Flash Player versions on adobe.com. For more info about the Flash Player end of life on Android, see this Adobe's blog post.
- Tap the grey box with the plugin icon as shown below to play the Flash content.
Play Flash content without tapping
Keeping your Flash set to Tap to Play is important for your security on the web because it ensures that you decide what plugins are trusted. However, you can customize Firefox for Android to enable Flash by default for all web sites or to completely disable plugins for all websites, as follows:
- Go to the main > > .
- Tap Plugins in the Content section.
- The Plugins context menu appears.
- To enable Flash to play for all websites by default, tap Enabled.
- To disable plugins for all websites, tap Disabled.
Firefox will also notify you if a website requests to load plugins with a drop-down menu so you can choose to allow or prevent loading. For more about Firefox for Android privacy and security, see Configure mobile privacy and security settings.