How do I share things from Firefox for Android?
In just a few taps, you can share anything you find on the Web using the menu, reader mode or NFC. We'll show you how it works.
Table of Contents
How do I share from a web page?
Firefox for Android makes it easy to share links to web pages or specific items on a page!
- Bring up the menu using one of the following methods:
- To share a link to the web page you're on: Tap the menu icon (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) .
- To share a single photo or file on a web page: Long-tap on the item you want to share until the context menu pops up.
- To share selected text on a web page: Select the text you want to share by long-tapping on part of it, then dragging the edges of the highlight until your text is selected.
- Tap the share button and choose from the list of sharing options (social networks, Sync, email and document sharing accounts). If you're sharing an image or selected text, Firefox will also automatically include a link to that content.
- As you keep sharing, Firefox for Android will remember and suggest your two most frequently-used sharing options and display them right on the menu for easier access!
- Using the menu button:
- Using the context menu:
How do I Share in Reader Mode?
To share things in Reader mode:
- Tap the icon and choose the app that you want to share with.
For more about the Reader Mode feature, see View articles in Reader View on Firefox for Android.
How do I Share using NFC?
- On both the sending and receiving devices, ensure NFC is on: In Android settings, under tap and then check the box next to "NFC".
- To share a URL from Firefox, touch the back of the sending device to the back of the receiving device and then tap on the sending device.