Hardware acceleration and WindowBlinds causes Firefox to crash
There is a known issue with WindowBlinds that causes crashing in Firefox. We are working with them to fix the problem. In the meantime, here’s what you can do to continue using Firefox:
Option 1: Disable WindowBlinds for Firefox
See the WindowBlinds support article, How can I temporarily exclude a program from being skinned? for instructions.
Option 2: Disable hardware acceleration in Firefox
To turn off hardware acceleration:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel and the tab.
- Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Click the menu button and then click ExitQuit .
- Start Firefox the way you normally do.