Forum Response - Turning off auto-update
Before you turn off the automatic update function of Firefox please note:
Important: Turning off Firefox automatic updates is not recommended. Only the latest version of Firefox gets regular security updates and will keep you safe on the Internet.
However, if you really need to turn off the automatic update of Firefox, please follow these steps:
- Click the Firefox menu button at the top-right corner.
- Select the Options menu item (Preferences on Mac or Linux). A new tab will open.
- In the General panel, scroll down to the Firefox Updates section.
- Under Firefox Updates, select Check for updates but let you choose to install them.
- Close the Options (or Preferences) tab. Your new settings will be saved.
Firefox will still check whether an update is available but will offer to download and install the update. Please report back if this helped you.