Forum Response - Turning off auto-update
Before you turn off the automatic update function of Firefox please note:
Important: Turning off Firefox automatic updates is not recommended. Only the latest version of Firefox gets regular security updates and will keep you safe on the Internet.
However, if you really need to turn off the automatic update of Firefox, please follow these steps:
- In the Firefox window, click the menu button at the top-right corner.
- Select the Options menu item (Preferences on Mac or Linux). A new tab will open.
- On the left, click on Advanced.
- At the top of the Advanced panel, Click the Update tab.
- Under Firefox updates: select Never check for updates.
- Close the Options (or Preferences) tab. Your new settings will be saved.
Please report back if this helped you.