Font size and zoom - increase the size of web pages
- Revision id: 15288
- Creator: Nic Matthew
- Comment: Update link to customize toolbar, added image, changed for
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: mluna
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Page Zoom is a feature which allows you to increase or decrease the size of web pages to improve readability.
How To Use Page Zoom
- To zoom in, increasing the page size, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing +.
- To zoom out, decreasing the page size, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing -.
- To reset page size back to normal, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing 0.
If your mouse has a scroll wheel, press and hold Ctrl while scrolling up to zoom in and down to zoom out.
- Press the Alt key to temporarily bring up the traditional Firefox menus. Click the menu, then go to .
Windows XP: At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click the menu, then go to .
- Select either
, , or for their corresponding action.
- You can choose , which will make the controls only apply to text, not images.
- Right-click on an empty space on your toolbar, and select .
- In the Customize Toolbar window, click and drag the "Zoom Controls" toolbar item to the desired place on your toolbar.
to save the changes to your toolbar.
- Two new magnifying glass icons will be added to your toolbar, one with a plus (+) and one with a minus (-).
- You can now use the magnifying glass icon on the toolbar to zoom in, and the magnifying glass icon on the toolbar to zoom out.
To customize other aspects of your toolbar, please see How do I customize the toolbars?.