Firefox Page Info window
The Firefox Page Info window gives you technical details about the page you're on and also allows you to change various permissions for that website. To open the Page Info window:
- Click the button to the left of a web page's address to open the Control Center.
- Click the arrow to the right of the dropdown panel.
- Click the
button in the next prompt.
The Page Info window is organized into different panels. Each panel is described below.
Table of Contents
- 1 General
- 2 Media
- 3 Feeds
- 4 Permissions
- 5 Security
The General panel includes basic information about the page such as its title, content type and size, as well as more technical data from the page source.
- Address: Displays the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page you're visiting.
- Type: Displays the content type (MIME type) of the page you're visiting. This type is determined by the web server.
- Render Mode: Displays whether the page conforms to web coding standards (Standards compliance mode) or if Firefox must display the page in a way that is compatible with non-standard code (Quirks mode).
- Text Encoding: Displays what character encoding the page uses. This can be changed from the menu.
- Size: Displays the size of the page in kilobytes (and bytes).
- Modified: Displays the date and time the page was last changed.
The Meta field displays any metatags located in the page's source code. These can include specifications on file type, character encoding, author, keywords, and more.
The Media panel displays the URL and type of all the backgrounds, images, and embedded content (including audio and video) that loads with the page. You can click on any item to find out more about it including its:
- Location: The URL of the specified item.
- Type: The file type of the specified item.
- Size: The size in kilobytes (and bytes) of the specified item.
- Dimensions: The size of the item on the screen in pixels.
- Associated Text: For images, the "alternate" text that displays if the image is not loaded.
For any item, you can choose to save it to your hard drive by clicking thebutton.
Block Images from domain
Checking this optionpreference will prevent pages under the specified domain from loading images automatically.
The Permissions panel lets you override optionspreferences for the domain listed after Permissions for. Uncheck the Use Default box to specify whether the page is allowed or blocked from doing the indicated action.
Access your Location
Specifies whether Firefox is allowed to tell the listed domain where you're located, using Location-Aware Browsing.
Specifies whether the listed domain is allowed to launch the extension or theme installation dialog box. See the Security and passwords settings article for instructions on how to add or remove installation permissions for sites.
Specifies whether the listed domain may load images automatically.
Maintain Offline Storage
Specifies whether the listed domain is allowed to store offline content.
Open Pop-up Windows
Specifies whether the listed domain may launch pop-ups. See Settings for web content, pop-ups, fonts, and languages for instructions on how to add or remove pop-up permissions for sites.
Specifies whether the listed domain is allowed to send Push notifications.
Specifies whether the listed domain may set cookies. See Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track for instructions on how to add or remove cookie permissions for sites.
Share the Screen
Websites can ask your permission to share your computer screen. You can set this to Always Ask or Block. For more information, see Share browser windows or your screen with sites you trust.
Use the Camera
Specifies whether the listed domain is allowed to use your camera. This applies to sites that have video or image capture capabilities, such as video chat sites. You can set this to Always Ask, Allow, or Block.
Use the Microphone
Specifies whether the listed domain is allowed to use your microphone. This applies to sites that have audio recording capabilities, such as voice conferencing sites. You can set this to Always Ask, Allow, or Block.
- Website: Lists the domain of the page.
- Owner: Displays the site's owner, if the page's identity can be verified.
- Verified by: Displays the agency that issued the security certificate the site uses if there is one. Click the button to see the certificate.
Privacy & History
- Have I visited this website before today?: Displays whether you've visited the site before today, and if so, how many times.
- Is this website storing information (cookies) on my computer?: Displays whether the site is storing cookies. Click the button to view the cookies if it is.
- Have I saved any passwords for this website?: Displays whether you've saved login information for this site. Click the button to view the passwords you've saved for the site.
The Technical Details section displays whether the connection is encrypted for privacy reasons, and if so, what type or strength of encryption was used.