Firefox Monitor warns if your online accounts were involved in a data breach. See if your information was exposed in a data breach, learn how to take action to better protect your online accounts, and get notified if your personal information gets exposed in a future breach.
Table of Contents
Search your email
To see if your online accounts have been exposed in a known data breach, visit https://monitor.firefox.com/ and enter your email address. You see what personal data was compromised and when. This basic search will surface most data breaches, but not ones that contain sensitive personal information.
Get your full report and alerts about future breaches
For a detailed Firefox Monitor report that may contain breaches with sensitive information, you’ll need to verify your email address. Firefox Monitor will also notify you if your online accounts appear in future breaches.
- Visit https://monitor.firefox.com/
- Click .
- Enter your email address and select .
- Check your email for a verification link. This link expires in 24 hours.
- After verifying your address, and your full report will be emailed to you.
Receive desktop browser alerts
If you use the desktop version of Firefox Quantum and visit websites in our list of breaches, you’ll receive an alert in your browser. This directs you to Firefox Monitor where you can see if your account is at risk. You will not see these alerts more than once per website.
- When you browse a site with a known data breach, you’ll receive message similar to this.
- Select to see if your information was exposed when this website was breached.
- To dismiss all Firefox Monitor alerts on all sites, select the dropdown arrow next to Dismiss. Select .