Firefox can't be opened after you install it on a Mac - How to fix
- Revision id: 76815
- Creator: Joni
- Comment: removed references to fx 32
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Apple has made a security change to Mac OSX 10.9.5 which causes the error message Firefox.app cannot be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed to appear when you try to install Firefox on your Mac.
If you see this message while trying to install Firefox here are some steps you can take:
Option 1 - Recommended
- Hold down the Control key while clicking on the Firefox file.
- Click on the dialog window.
Option 2 - Open Firefox through the System Preferences
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen and open .
- Click on , then the tab.
- You'll see a message stating that the Firefox.app was blocked. Click on