Firefox 18 crashes on startup due to malware - how to fix
- Revision id: 35374
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: fixed typo
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
Note: This article only applies to Windows.
Note: This article only applies to Firefox 18.
If you've updated to Firefox 18 and it now crashes on startup it could be due to malware installed on your computer. We'll explain how to get rid of the malware which will let Firefox run normally.
Install and run Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Download Microsoft Safety Scanner
- When the program has finished downloading, open it and follow the instructions to start the scan. A "Full Scan" is recommended.
- Once the scan is complete the malware should be removed from your computer and Firefox will be able to start.
Note: If you are still having problems with crashes, please see this article.