If you want to back up your saved usernames and passwords or move them to a different application, the Firefox Lockwise Password Manager allows you to export this data to a
.csv (comma separated values) file. This feature is available starting in Firefox version 79.
Warning: Your passwords in the exported file will not be encrypted and will be in a readable form to anyone who can view this file. Do not upload online, email or share the exported file. Delete this file when finished.
Export usernames and passwords
- Click on the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click . The Firefox Lockwise about:logins page will open in a new tab.
- Click the Firefox Lockwise menu (three dots), then click
- A dialog box will appear to remind you that passwords are saved as readable text. Click the button to continue.
- You can choose the file name and location where this exported data will be saved.