This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
You can export your Firefox bookmarks for use in other browsers. This guide shows you how to export your Firefox bookmarks and import them into Opera.
- For instructions moving your Firefox data to another installation of Firefox, see Moving your Firefox bookmarks and settings.
- To export your RSS/ATOM feeds in a way that can be easily imported into Opera, use the OPML Support Plugin extension.
Exporting bookmarks from Firefox
Click the Library button on your toolbar. (If you don't see it there, click the menu button then click.) Click and then click the Show All Bookmarks bar at the bottom.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click
and choose .
- In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
- Click the button. The Export Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
Your bookmarks are successfully exported from Firefox, to import them into Opera proceed to the next section.
Importing bookmarks into Opera
- Start Opera.
- Click on the button, selectClick on the menu and then select . The Bookmarks tab will open.
- In the Bookmarks tab, click
and select .
- Locate the bookmarks.html file you previously created and then click the button. A box will come up informing you that your bookmarks have been imported.
- Click on the button.