You can export your Firefox bookmarks for use in other browsers. This guide shows you how to export your Firefox bookmarks and import them into Internet Explorer on Windows. The Internet Explorer browser is not currently available for your operating system.
- If you want to import your Internet Explorer bookmarks to Firefox, see Import Bookmarks and other data from Microsoft Edge.
- For instructions on moving your Firefox data to another installation of Firefox, see Copying files between profile folders.
Exporting bookmarks from Firefox
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel. Click and then click the bar at the bottom.
- In the toolbar of the Library window click the Import and Backup button
and choose from the drop-down menu.
- In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
- Click . The Export Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
Your bookmarks are successfully exported from Firefox. To import them into Internet Explorer, proceed to the next section.
Importing bookmarks into Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Press the Alt key on your keyboard. The menu bar (with , , , etc.) will appear.
- Click on the
- In the Import/Export Settings window, click to select Import from a file and then click the button.
- Select Favorites and then click the button.
- Click the
- Locate the bookmarks.html file you previously created and then click the button.
- The full location of the bookmarks.html file will be shown in the text box. Click on the
- Click on the Favorites folder and click on the
- It may take a minute or two for your bookmarks to be imported, depending on how many you have. This final page lets you know we have completed importing our bookmarks. Click on the