If you are encountering problems with policies not applying, this article will help you figure out the problem. It involves turning on debug mode for the policies. Here are the steps.
- Type about:config into the URL bar.
- Click the button to continue.
- Right click anywhere on the screen and select New->String.
- For the preference name, use:
- For the value, use:
- Restart Firefox.
- Open up the Browser Console by selecting Ctrl+Shift+J (or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac).
- You should see additional debug information in the console related to policies. Don't forget to remove the preference when you are done.
Starting with Firefox 63, you can go to about:policies and it will show the status of policies and any errors associated with them.