Creating a recurring event
This article describes how to create a recurring event in a calendar. If you want to create a new event or task in general, please read the Creating a new event or task article.
This walk-through also assumes that you have already created a new calendar. If not, please read the Creating New Calendars article first.
Creating an event
- Click the menu at the top of the Thunderbird window, select the submenu and select .
- Fill in the , , and fields.
- Select the calendar that the event will be created for in the Calendar drop-down menu.
- Select the repeat pattern from the Repeat drop-down menu.
- If you selected for the repeat pattern, the Edit Recurrence window will appear.
The Edit recurrence window
- In the Repeat drop-down menu select the basic frequency of this event (Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Annually).
- In the Every text-box type in how often the frequency will be relevant. For example, for an event that takes place every other week choose and then 2.
- If you choose a frequency of weekly or monthly you will be asked which days of the week or month the event will occur. Choose those that apply.
- If this event will occur indefinitely put a dot in .
- If this event will only occur for a limited amount of time put a dot in either or in as applicable and fill in the corresponding fields.
- Click on the button to close the Edit Recurrence window.
- Click on the button to close out the final dialog and complete the event creation.
Congratulations, your recurring event should be setup correctly.