This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
The sandbox is known to prevent the following features from working:
- Print to PDF from the Flash print dialog
- Print to Open in Preview from the Flash print dialog
- Quicklook in the File -> Open menu
- Saving files from a Flash applet
- Flash applets downloading and running the Adobe Air installer
- Flash triggering Adobe Air applications to run
To disable the Flash sandbox in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Type about:config in the address bar and press EnterReturn.
A warning page may appear. Click to go to the about:config page.
- Find the preference dom.ipc.plugins.sandbox-level.flash and double-click itclick the Edit button.
- Enter an integer value of 0 (zero) and click on the checkmark to save the change.
- Quit and reopen Firefox so that the change will take effect.