Cannot receive messages
- Revision id: 54349
- Creator: Thunderbird Migration
- Comment: Imported from SUMOMO 2014-02-14 09:44:44
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: tb_migration
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: tb_migration
Table of Contents
Cannot Receive Messages
Is your account configured correctly?
To look at the settings for an account, select Tools | Account Settings, then select Server Settings from the list on the left. The connection to the incoming mail server is configured at the top of the page.
Your email account provider can give you connection information about their servers (probably on their website). Make sure your account settings match these settings.
- Manual Account Configuration (for instructions on using the New Account dialog for manual configuration)
- Automatic Account Configuration (for creating a new account)
- ISP Configuration Settings
Did your ability to receive mail suddenly stop? Was it working before?
- Check the service status of your ISP. (Many ISPs have a status or alert page on their website.) They may be having technical difficulties.
- If your ISP provides a web-based email interface, try to log in and view your mail. If you can see your messages, the problem is probably related to your account configuration.
- If you cannot log in to your ISPs web-based email interface, your password may have changed. If so, it must also be changed in Thunderbird. To change your password:
- Open (Windows) or (Mac) or (Linux).
- On the page, click on the tab and then click .
- Click on the relevant account and then click .
- Close and re-open Thunderbird. You will be prompted to enter a new password for the account.
Are you receiving some emails but not others?
- Does your ISP have a spam filter that might be holding or deleting messages on the server?
- Have you created filters in Thunderbird that might be mis-filing messages?
Problems Sending Messages
- See Cannot send messages.