This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Want to minimize your data use? Blocking images or loading them on a Wi-Fi connection can help you save on data while browsing the Web. While Firefox loads images by default, you can change your settings to load them over Wi-Fi or block them altogether.
- Open Firefox, then tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser).
- Tap (you may need to tap first).
- Tap .
- Choose an option from the menu that appears.
- Always: this default option loads images as long as a data or Wi-Fi connection is available.
- Only over Wi-Fi: Load images only when a Wi-Fi connection is available.
- Blocked: Prevent images from loading at all.
- When you choose your option, the window will close. Go back to the web page and continue browsing.
Unblock images individually
If you've changed your settings to block images or load them only over Wi-Fi, you can still unblock a specific image by long-tapping on it then tapping.