Importing bookmarks and other data from Netscape
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
This article applies to Netscape 9. If you are importing from Netscape 6 or Netscape 7, follow the instructions in Importing bookmarks and other data from Mozilla Application Suite.
Like Firefox, Netscape is built on the Mozilla platform. Although you cannot automatically import all of your Netscape 9 information into Firefox, you can import your bookmarks or you can manually transfer other important data, or all of your profile data, from Netscape into Firefox.
Importing your Netscape bookmarks
You can import your Netscape bookmarks into Firefox by using the Import feature of the Bookmarks Manager.
- At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click , and select . The Library window will open.
- In the Library window, click and select . The Import Wizard for bookmarks will open.
- Select From an HTML File and click .
- In the file picker that opens, navigate to your Netscape Navigator 9 profile folder.
- For Netscape profile locations, see the Netscape release notes.
- Select the bookmarks.html file you wish to import from Netscape.
The contents of the bookmarks file you import will be added to your current Firefox bookmarks.