Error code 500 accessing secure sites
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
This article describes why you can get "Error response Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error" when accessing any secure (https) site.
This error can happen when you use web acceleration software such as AT&T Worldnet Accelerator. While non-secure websites work with this software, secure websites do not. To solve the problem, you should configure Firefox to not use the web accelerator for https.
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
Click the menu button and choose
- Select the settings panel.
- Click the tab.
- Click .
- If Manual proxy configuration is selected, continue to the next step. If not, these instructions won't solve your problem.
- Deselect Use this proxy server for all protocols.
- If it's not selected, leave it as is.
- Delete any text in the text box beside SSL Proxy:.
- To the right of SSL Proxy:, set the Port: to 0.
- Press .
- Click to close the Options windowClick to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window .