This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
This article describes why you can get "Error response Error code 500. Message: Internal Server Error" when accessing any secure (https) site.
This error can happen when you use web acceleration software such as AT&T Worldnet Accelerator. While non-secure websites work with this software, secure websites do not. To solve the problem, you should configure Firefox to not use the web accelerator for https.
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .
- Select the settings panel.
- Click the tab.
- Click .
- If Manual proxy configuration is selected, continue to the next step. If not, these instructions won't solve your problem.
- Deselect Use this proxy server for all protocols.
- If it's not selected, leave it as is.
- Delete any text in the text box beside SSL Proxy:.
- To the right of SSL Proxy:, set the Port: to 0.
- Press .
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved. .