Configuring ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall is an application for Windows that can control which programs on your computer can connect to the internet. If you experience connection problems with Firefox and use ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, ZoneAlarm may be blocking Firefox. This article describes how to configure the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall to allow Firefox to access the Internet.
- Open the Windows Start menu, select , then select , and then select . The ZoneAlarm window will appear.
- On the left side of the ZoneAlarm window, click Program Control.
- Underneath Program Control, click Programs.
- Right-click on Firefox and select .
- Click when prompted to remove Firefox from the list.
- Click . The Add Program window will appear.
- Navigate to the Firefox installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\) and select firefox.exe. Then click .
- Ensure that Firefox has a green check mark for each each category in the list - Access-Trusted, Access-Internet, Server-Trusted, Server-Internet: click on the ? icon for each category, and then select Allow.
- Close the ZoneAlarm window.
For more information, see ZoneAlarm Technical Support.