Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

കൂടുതലറിയുക
Open

Mozilla Thunderbird not responding

Terry Margeson

I am having constant problems for months now with Thunderbird freezing and message not responding. It appears to happen mostly when trying to empty deleted folder in block like 20 or more. If I deleted in blocks of four all is ok. As soon as I try to delete a larger amount at once it freezes and displays the message Thunderbird Not Responding. I have followed u tube videos to the letter to attempt repair with no success any ideas please?

I am having constant problems for months now with Thunderbird freezing and message not responding. It appears to happen mostly when trying to empty deleted folder in block like 20 or more. If I deleted in blocks of four all is ok. As soon as I try to delete a larger amount at once it freezes and displays the message Thunderbird Not Responding. I have followed u tube videos to the letter to attempt repair with no success any ideas please?

എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (3)

What is your anti-virus software?

It appears to happen mostly when trying to empty deleted folder in block like 20 or more.

Are you saying you delete individual messages in Trash, or are you right-clicking Trash - Empty Trash?

Hi Chris thanks for your reply. I am experiencing the problem mainly when trying to empty trash folder en block. Individual deletions are fine. I am using Malwarebytes anti virus. All is ok deleting on my mobile phone it is just my desktop pc.

Try to start Windows 10 in safe mode with networking enabled.

Does the problem go away?

Windows safe mode disables anti-virus software. This is a troubleshooting step, not a solution.

Note, Windows safe mode also disables WiFi. So you'd need a wired LAN connection for it.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.