Localization discussions

Telugu (తెలుగు) (te)

1. This is the main L10n forum thread for localizers who translate SUMO into Telugu (తెలుగు) (te) Please note, all globally important updates will be posted in the main forum as usual.

Please use this thread to communicate, post updates, ask questions and greet new localizers.

Useful Links (if you want to add something here, please PM me)

Locale group

Locale Leaders, Reviewers

Articles that need work - the dashboard

Community hub - l10n

Global l10n team (MozWiki)

Getting started with localizing SUMO

This is the main L10n forum thread for localizers who translate SUMO into '''Telugu (తెలుగు) (te)''' Please note, all '''globally''' important updates will be posted in the main forum as usual. Please use this thread to communicate, post updates, ask questions and greet new localizers. '''Useful Links''' (if you want to add something here, please [https://support.mozilla.org/user/vesper PM me]) [https://support.mozilla.org/groups/telugu-localization Locale group] [https://support.mozilla.org/kb/locales/te Locale Leaders, Reviewers] [https://support.mozilla.org/te/localization Articles that need work - the dashboard] [https://support.mozilla.org/community/top-contributors/l10n?locale=te Community hub - l10n] [https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:te Global l10n team (MozWiki)] [https://support.mozilla.org/kb/localize-mozilla-support Getting started with localizing SUMO]
  2. Hello Everyone,

I am Sandeep Kapalawai native of Telugu , i have been working as Firefox student Ambassador since 2 years.Now, i would like to contribute for L10n

Hello Everyone, I am Sandeep Kapalawai native of Telugu , i have been working as Firefox student Ambassador since 2 years.Now, i would like to contribute for L10n
  3. Hi Sandeep

Thank you for being an awesome Mozillian. The best part to start would have been here but I'm sure Michal will be able to get you started as soon as he settled and unpacked :-)

Sit tight and look around

Cheers, Michael

Hi Sandeep Thank you for being an awesome Mozillian. The best part to start would have been [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/buddies here] but I'm sure Michal will be able to get you started as soon as he settled and unpacked :-) Sit tight and [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/get-involved look around] Cheers, Michael
  4. sonusandeep said

Hello Everyone, I am Sandeep Kapalawai native of Telugu , i have been working as Firefox student Ambassador since 2 years.Now, i would like to contribute for L10n

Hello Sandeep! Are you up to the challenge? There's a lot of content that Telugu speakers would love to see localized out there.

You should start by reading the documentation here, it will make things much clearer (I hope :-))

Looking forward to hearing from you!

''sonusandeep [[#post-67586|said]]'' <blockquote> Hello Everyone, I am Sandeep Kapalawai native of Telugu , i have been working as Firefox student Ambassador since 2 years.Now, i would like to contribute for L10n </blockquote> Hello Sandeep! Are you up to the challenge? [https://support.mozilla.org/te/localization There's a lot of content that Telugu speakers would love to see localized out there]. [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/localize-mozilla-support You should start by reading the documentation here, it will make things much clearer] (I hope :-)) Looking forward to hearing from you!
  5. Hello, This is Dinesh Localiser and Telugu locale reviewer. I just need a clear list of articles to be localised into telugu and another list of articles which need to be reviewed. Since a past few days, i've reviewed and localised many articles

Hello, This is Dinesh Localiser and Telugu locale reviewer. I just need a clear list of articles to be localised into telugu and another list of articles which need to be reviewed. Since a past few days, i've reviewed and localised many articles
  6. Should the language of discussion be english here or can it be telugu also, if needed?

Should the language of discussion be english here or can it be telugu also, if needed?
  7. Hi చిలాబు,

I think we should discuss in English, as our SUMO Administrators can understand our discussion.

Sandeep

Hi చిలాబు, I think we should discuss in English, as our SUMO Administrators can understand our discussion. Sandeep
  8. Thats fine with me. I have two proposals to make:

1) That translation/updation and review be done by different people so that we can produce better translated versions.

2) That we let the team members know in advance of the status of any pending work and what they would be planning to do next. Explanation is given below:

In telugu equivalent page of "All Products" -> "Most Visited" -> "Last 30 Days" at https://support.mozilla.org/te/localization/most-visited-translations , updating who is working on which article & what kind of work appears to be the immediate need in terms of team coordination.

Let me start by updating what I've done recently:

17. Firefox options, preferences and settings (ఫైర్‌ఫాక్స్ ఎంపికలు, అభిరుచులు, అమరికలు) : Line 45 - "Browser Privacy" section has been updated again today in English. Since I have updated this article earlier, I request someone else to review the whole article in general, while further updating the changes this specific section in particular. Whether I got the wording and sense of this section correctly also needs to be reviewed.

Next, I would like to update articles 30 to 34. In case anyone else in our team is already working on these articles, do let me know. If I don't hear from others in a day, I get started with 30-34.

Thank you, చిలాబు

Thats fine with me. I have two proposals to make: 1) That translation/updation and review be done by different people so that we can produce better translated versions. 2) That we let the team members know in advance of the status of any pending work and what they would be planning to do next. Explanation is given below: In telugu equivalent page of "All Products" -> "Most Visited" -> "Last 30 Days" at https://support.mozilla.org/te/localization/most-visited-translations , updating who is working on which article & what kind of work appears to be the immediate need in terms of team coordination. Let me start by updating what I've done recently: 17. Firefox options, preferences and settings (ఫైర్‌ఫాక్స్ ఎంపికలు, అభిరుచులు, అమరికలు) : Line 45 - "Browser Privacy" section has been updated again today in English. Since I have updated this article earlier, I request someone else to review the whole article in general, while further updating the changes this specific section in particular. Whether I got the wording and sense of this section correctly also needs to be reviewed. Next, I would like to update articles 30 to 34. In case anyone else in our team is already working on these articles, do let me know. If I don't hear from others in a day, I get started with 30-34. Thank you, చిలాబు
  9. Here is the update:

I've translated the changes and submitted 17 for final review.

I've started working on 30. Article's chat feature is being used for updating others on the status. I've decided not to own (and work on) more than one article at a time.

Here is the update: I've translated the changes and submitted 17 for final review. I've started working on 30. Article's chat feature is being used for updating others on the status. I've decided not to own (and work on) more than one article at a time.
  10. Hey everyone :)

Excited to see so much progress! Thank you on behalf of all the users who will read and use your achievements to get better with Firefox :)

Hey everyone :) Excited to see so much progress! Thank you on behalf of all the users who will read and use your achievements to get better with Firefox :)
  11. A bit of streamlining is what we need Michal, since we gathered momentum now. We hope to get there soon. Appreciate your support.

Since the position of articles keep changing, I would like to use the titles of articles to update the team:

> "Firefox options, preferences and settings" (ఫైర్‌ఫాక్స్ ఎంపికలు, అభిరుచులు, అమరికలు) submitted for final review. Request someone do it.

> I've started updating "Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history" (ప్రైవేట్ బ్రౌజింగ్ - చరిత్రను సేవ్ చేయకుండా ఫైర్ఫాక్స్ ఉపయోగించండి).

Request other team members to provide their feedback on my proposals, and share if there are any better ways in which we can work more effectively as a team.

A bit of streamlining is what we need Michal, since we gathered momentum now. We hope to get there soon. Appreciate your support. Since the position of articles keep changing, I would like to use the titles of articles to update the team: > "Firefox options, preferences and settings" (ఫైర్‌ఫాక్స్ ఎంపికలు, అభిరుచులు, అమరికలు) submitted for final review. Request someone do it. > I've started updating "Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history" (ప్రైవేట్ బ్రౌజింగ్ - చరిత్రను సేవ్ చేయకుండా ఫైర్ఫాక్స్ ఉపయోగించండి). Request other team members to provide their feedback on my proposals, and share if there are any better ways in which we can work more effectively as a team.
  12. Hi Chilaabu,

Thank you so much for sharing your views and bringing up your ideas, this will really help us in maintaining good translations and teamwork which will lead to our goals.

Adding one more point from my end, It would be really great if we can connect (remote) at least twice in a month to discuss about our status and updates which we need to focus in future

Based on our team reply, we can proceed further on this. Hopefully, we will accomplish our goals in this sprint. 'చిలాబు said

Thats fine with me. I have two proposals to make: 1) That translation/updation and review be done by different people so that we can produce better translated versions. +100 2) That we let the team members know in advance of the status of any pending work and what they would be planning to do next. Explanation is given below: +100 In telugu equivalent page of "All Products" -> "Most Visited" -> "Last 30 Days" at https://support.mozilla.org/te/localization/most-visited-translations , updating who is working on which article & what kind of work appears to be the immediate need in terms of team coordination. Let me start by updating what I've done recently: 17. Firefox options, preferences and settings (ఫైర్‌ఫాక్స్ ఎంపికలు, అభిరుచులు, అమరికలు) : Line 45 - "Browser Privacy" section has been updated again today in English. Since I have updated this article earlier, I request someone else to review the whole article in general, while further updating the changes this specific section in particular. Whether I got the wording and sense of this section correctly also needs to be reviewed. Next, I would like to update articles 30 to 34. In case anyone else in our team is already working on these articles, do let me know. If I don't hear from others in a day, I get started with 30-34. Thank you, చిలాబు
    Hi Chilaabu, Thank you so much for sharing your views and bringing up your ideas, this will really help us in maintaining good translations and teamwork which will lead to our goals. Adding one more point from my end, It would be really great if we can connect (remote) at least twice in a month to discuss about our status and updates which we need to focus in future Based on our team reply, we can proceed further on this. Hopefully, we will accomplish our goals in this sprint. 'చిలాబు [[#post-74610|said]]'' <blockquote> Thats fine with me. I have two proposals to make: 1) That translation/updation and review be done by different people so that we can produce better translated versions. +100 2) That we let the team members know in advance of the status of any pending work and what they would be planning to do next. Explanation is given below: +100 In telugu equivalent page of "All Products" -> "Most Visited" -> "Last 30 Days" at https://support.mozilla.org/te/localization/most-visited-translations , updating who is working on which article & what kind of work appears to be the immediate need in terms of team coordination. Let me start by updating what I've done recently: 17. Firefox options, preferences and settings (ఫైర్‌ఫాక్స్ ఎంపికలు, అభిరుచులు, అమరికలు) : Line 45 - "Browser Privacy" section has been updated again today in English. Since I have updated this article earlier, I request someone else to review the whole article in general, while further updating the changes this specific section in particular. Whether I got the wording and sense of this section correctly also needs to be reviewed. Next, I would like to update articles 30 to 34. In case anyone else in our team is already working on these articles, do let me know. If I don't hear from others in a day, I get started with 30-34. Thank you, చిలాబు </blockquote>
  13. Hi Sandeep,

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

After my last post, I had to flout my own recommendation of letting my translated/updated articles reviewed by others, since there isn't much activity from other volunteers as I expected, and since we have set new targets as per @vesper's recent e-mail to us.

I learnt that peer review is being followed by wikipedia before approval of their articles.

Your suggestion of frequent online/offline meets would definitely help. Let there be at least 3 members for that; the more, the better. We have to decide on which platform to use for online meets, to discuss on Mozilla localization.

Lastly, I noticed that you ignored my edits to an article and approved an earlier version of that article ( Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history ). While I should not mind your doing so, we all need to have a set of guidelines to abide by, so that it aids further in standardization of our effort. Not sure if there is a reference document for Telugu as of now. Let me know if there is one.

Hi Sandeep, Sorry for the delay in getting back. After my last post, I had to flout my own recommendation of letting my translated/updated articles reviewed by others, since there isn't much activity from other volunteers as I expected, and since we have set new targets as per @vesper's recent e-mail to us. I learnt that peer review is being followed by wikipedia before approval of their articles. Your suggestion of frequent online/offline meets would definitely help. Let there be at least 3 members for that; the more, the better. We have to decide on which platform to use for online meets, to discuss on Mozilla localization. Lastly, I noticed that you ignored my edits to an article and approved an earlier version of that article ( Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history ). While I should not mind your doing so, we all need to have a set of guidelines to abide by, so that it aids further in standardization of our effort. Not sure if there is a reference document for Telugu as of now. Let me know if there is one.
  14. Hi Chilaabu

That's fine we can have at least 3 members or more to discuss via online/offline meets. But in the meanwhile, we need to identify the people who are interested in this and we can also discuss on the platform where we gonna meet. This should be done probably within this month. Please let me know your views and share me your thoughts if you have any other better ideas than this.

I am extremely sorry for your below comment, [Lastly, I noticed that you ignored my edits to an article and approved an earlier version of that article ( Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history ). ]

I have viewed the translated document which was latest done by you and there is one slight translation that I would like to update it and maybe I am not sure due to poor internet connection switch off at that time it was saved/ not saved, but I have edited and approved the one latest version which was made by you. Could you please check this.

Thank you!

,చిలాబు said

Hi Sandeep, Sorry for the delay in getting back. After my last post, I had to flout my own recommendation of letting my translated/updated articles reviewed by others, since there isn't much activity from other volunteers as I expected, and since we have set new targets as per @vesper's recent e-mail to us. I learnt that peer review is being followed by wikipedia before approval of their articles. Your suggestion of frequent online/offline meets would definitely help. Let there be at least 3 members for that; the more, the better. We have to decide on which platform to use for online meets, to discuss on Mozilla localization. Lastly, I noticed that you ignored my edits to an article and approved an earlier version of that article ( Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history ). While I should not mind your doing so, we all need to have a set of guidelines to abide by, so that it aids further in standardization of our effort. Not sure if there is a reference document for Telugu as of now. Let me know if there is one.
    Hi Chilaabu That's fine we can have at least 3 members or more to discuss via online/offline meets. But in the meanwhile, we need to identify the people who are interested in this and we can also discuss on the platform where we gonna meet. This should be done probably within this month. Please let me know your views and share me your thoughts if you have any other better ideas than this. I am extremely sorry for your below comment, [Lastly, I noticed that you ignored my edits to an article and approved an earlier version of that article ( Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history ). ] I have viewed the translated document which was latest done by you and there is one slight translation that I would like to update it and maybe I am not sure due to poor internet connection switch off at that time it was saved/ not saved, but I have edited and approved the one latest version which was made by you. Could you please check this. Thank you! ,''చిలాబు [[#post-74641|said]]'' <blockquote> Hi Sandeep, Sorry for the delay in getting back. After my last post, I had to flout my own recommendation of letting my translated/updated articles reviewed by others, since there isn't much activity from other volunteers as I expected, and since we have set new targets as per @vesper's recent e-mail to us. I learnt that peer review is being followed by wikipedia before approval of their articles. Your suggestion of frequent online/offline meets would definitely help. Let there be at least 3 members for that; the more, the better. We have to decide on which platform to use for online meets, to discuss on Mozilla localization. Lastly, I noticed that you ignored my edits to an article and approved an earlier version of that article ( Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history ). While I should not mind your doing so, we all need to have a set of guidelines to abide by, so that it aids further in standardization of our effort. Not sure if there is a reference document for Telugu as of now. Let me know if there is one. </blockquote>
  15. Hi Sandeep,

You need not be sorry for anything. Editing articles that are edited by others is one of the things that we need to do here as and when required. So go ahead and do the changes as required, nothing wrong in that. My only point is to bring some kind of standardization into this process, by preparing a Localization Guide for Telugu, if I may name it that way.

Since this discussion has slowed down our effort and momentum, let's continue doing what we were doing, in the hope that others would contribute to this discussion and point us/advise us further on this. I will share the tools and further info that I may come across from the main forum here.

Hi Sandeep, You need not be sorry for anything. Editing articles that are edited by others is one of the things that we need to do here as and when required. So go ahead and do the changes as required, nothing wrong in that. My only point is to bring some kind of standardization into this process, by preparing a Localization Guide for Telugu, if I may name it that way. Since this discussion has slowed down our effort and momentum, let's continue doing what we were doing, in the hope that others would contribute to this discussion and point us/advise us further on this. I will share the tools and further info that I may come across from the main forum here.
  16. Let's meet the 50 articles target in the next 9 days.

Let's meet the 50 articles target in the next 9 days.
  17. Hi Team,

Understand that you are all busy. Let's reach the 100 target whenever your time permits. I can get actively involved from today onwards.

Cheers

Hi Team, Understand that you are all busy. Let's reach the 100 target whenever your time permits. I can get actively involved from today onwards. Cheers