Use Firefox Accounts to manage your Marketplace apps
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Firefox Marketplace is now using Firefox Accounts to offer a more integrated experience across all Mozilla services and products. Having a Firefox Account lets you access your existing Marketplace apps and feedback seamlessly on multiple devices.
Table of Contents
- 1 Upgrade from Persona to a Firefox Account
- 2 Create a new Firefox Account
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Upgrade from Persona to a Firefox Account
If you already have a Persona login, upgrading to a Firefox Account couldn't be easier. Just follow these steps:
- Click Sign in now to transfer your account (or Transfer your account now if you've already signed in to Persona).
- Click to complete the upgrade process.
- Fill in the required email and password fields and click .
- If you have not previously verified your Persona email, check your email for a verification link. Click on the verification link sent to your email address to confirm your account. If your Persona email has been verified in the past, you will not receive a confirmation email.
- You're now ready to use the Marketplace! Firefox Accounts will transfer your apps to your My Apps library.
Create a new Firefox Account
Follow these steps if you've never had a Persona login, or need to use a different email address for your Firefox Account:
- Click the Register link from the Firefox Marketplace page.
- Enter the email address you'd like to use, then click .
- Create a password and enter your year of birth, then click
Important: You need to be at least 13 years old or you will be blocked from creating an account. .
- Check your email for the verification link. Click on the verification link to confirm your email address.
When you've created or upgraded to your new Firefox Account, simply sign in with your email address and password to access your favorite apps and keep track of feedback!
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I don't create a Firefox Account? Will I need one to install Marketplace apps?
You can still install free apps without signing in at all, but having a Firefox Account will synchronize your app library on multiple devices.
What happens to my apps when I switch to Firefox Accounts?
Apps you've installed with your Persona sign in will migrate to your Firefox Account, as long as you use the same email address.
If you have paid apps and are unable to continue to use the same email address, please contact email@example.com.
Can I still use my Persona account to log in to the Marketplace?
Effective immediately, Persona is no longer supported on the Marketplace. While you can migrate your apps to your Firefox account, you are no longer able to sign in using Persona.
How do I learn more about Firefox Accounts?
Please see Access Mozilla Services with Firefox Account.